How Does CBD Help in Treating Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
Obsessive-Compulsive disorder, popularly known as OCD, is a mental condition where a person becomes anxious over unwanted and upsetting thoughts that cause obsessive and compulsive behavior. Washing hands frequently, touching and checking things repeatedly, etc., are some examples of OCD.
Usually, OCD starts during the teenage and early adult years. According to a study, one in every 40 adults is suffering from OCD. The symptoms may be mild in the initial days. However, if not treated on time it may get worse affecting your regular life. As per the research, genetics and hereditary factors are the causes of OCD, if a person develops it during childhood. Other than this, chemical and functional abnormalities in the brain are also the reason for the cause of OCD.
As OCD is stress and anxiety-related disorder, the questions regarding CBD’s role in treating its symptoms is obvious to arise. CBD or Cannabidiol is a therapeutic compound found in cannabis plants. Derived from hemp plants, CBD is non-psychoactive component. People are in love with CBD due to its various health-healing properties. Vapear marihuana has shown effective results in treating chronic body pain, sore muscles, stress, anxiety, skin-related issues, etc.
Some of the most common CBD products available in the market are CBD gummies, CBD tinctures, CBD capsules, CBD vape pen, CBD isolate, CBD bath bombs and soaps, CBD topicals, etc. While you purchase any CBD product, make sure to check the product precisely. Read the instructions and learn about the ingredients used to avoid the purchase of any counterfeit product. JustCBD is reputed and branded CBD store where you will find top quality and certified CBD products. Therefore, do check out the JustCBD store for best CBD products.
Symptoms of OCD
- Symptoms of Obsession:
- Avoids touching things that others have touched
- Continuously checking on things such as whether you turned the lights off locked the door, etc.
- Feeling anxious when objects are misplaced.
2. Symptoms of Compulsion:
- Washing hands regularly
- Constantly checking the doors, stove, lights, etc., even when you are not leaving your house.
- Engaging yourself in rearranging objects in a certain way instead of finishing other important works.
Effects of OCD
- Running late to reach your destination
- Trouble in relationship
- Unable to enjoy any social event
- The more you try to ignore the compulsion, the more anxious you feel.
- Brings the thoughts of guilt and shame, which leads to self-harm.
CBD for treating OCD
- CBD is popular for dealing with anxiety and stress. As OCD is an anxiety disorder, CBD can help to alleviate its symptoms.
- CBD, when enters our body, connects our body’s endocannabinoid system. It then helps to maintain harmony in emotions by relaxing the triggered cells.
- CBD is effective in reducing anxiety.
- According to a study, CBD has shown positive results in reducing instructive thoughts.
Though CBD helps to treat OCD, there are not enough studies and research with strong evidence. Therefore, there is a need for more research in this case for better results.
If you are new to CBD, make sure to take suggestions from your doctor before its consumption.